Dr Richard Kennard
Richard is a highly qualified, senior software architect and engineer with extensive experience of the complete software development life cycle across a broad range of technologies. He brings an intelligent approach to software development, combining his attentiveness to customer needs with his passion for delivering a first class product.
- won Australasian PhD Thesis of the Year.
- has been published across multiple academic journals and papers. His work has been presented at international conferences and cited by other research groups and practitioners.
- graduated top of his year from the University of Nottingham, with an Honours Degree in Computer Science.
- received the University Award for Highest Academic Achievement in his field.
- founded and ultimately sold his own startup, Wealth Central.
- has developed software for all types of organisations, from local business to multi-national corporations in the United Kingdom, the United States, and Australia.
- has clients including some of the largest financial institutions in Australia and the United States, and one of the leading enterprise middleware vendors in the world.
- founded Metawidget, an Open Source software library to assist developers in building User Interfaces.
Richard is also an active member of the software community. He:
- served on the Expert Group for JSR-299, a specification to unify Java Web application development.
- has spoken at high profile conferences such as JavaOne and Red Hat Summit, as well as local Java User Groups.
- was honoured at JavaOne 2006 for his contributions to the JDK.
- won Hackagong 2014.
In terms of technologies, Richard:
- has developed everything from multi-tasking graphical operating systems in Assembler, to hydraulic tools tracking systems in Pascal, distributed spreadsheets in C++, pharmaceutical applications in Visual Basic, and financial applications in C#.
For more details, please click on the link below to download Richard's complete resumé:
Download Richard's resumé